Crash Stats from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report shows that 2,443,000 people were injured in car accidents in the US in 2015.
Unfortunately, auto accidents are as stressful as they are common. A car accident can leave you confused and disoriented and it’s not surprising that very few people know what to do after a crash.
But with the numbers so high, it makes sense to learn what to do in case you ever find yourself in an accident.
What to do immediately after an Accident
- Stay calm
- Check for any injuries
- Call an ambulance if you see anything alarming or if you are not sure
- In case of a minor accident, move your car out of traffic
- Turn on the car’s hazard lights; use cones or warning triangles
- Call the police
- Let your insurance company know of the accident immediately
What to do After a Car Accident
- Do not sign any document
- Make notes including specific damages to all vehicles involved, witness information etc. about the accident
- Don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault
- Don’t leave the accident scene before the police and other drivers, if possible
For Personal Injury Claims
- Seek immediate injury treatment at a clinic with doctors experienced in personal injury recovery
- Follow through with appointments, treatment and the doctors’ recommendations
- Keep a detailed account of the treatments or medications you receive.
- Obtain your insurance company’s damage valuation.
- Get independent repair or replacement estimates.
- Don’t discuss the accident with anyone other than your doctor or lawyer.
- Don’t skip going to a personal injury doctor, however minor your injuries may seem. Some injuries don’t show signs until many days, weeks, or even months later.
To learn more or to consult experienced personal injury doctors in Phoenix, AZ, call Arizona Injury Medical Associates at (480) 347-0941. With experienced practitioners and friendly staff, who are experts in injured workers and personal injury recovery, you will be in good hands.
Leave A Comment